Scooters for Kids
Well it wouldn't be fair if it was just you who had the fun!
Kid’s scooters should be lightweight, sturdy and have some color options. We look at some great scooters for kids.
Small children should avoid powerful electric scooters and always wear protective gear.
We recommend some essential accessories for kids too.
Up to 8.7 mph
Eagle V2 Black Core Wheels
3 Travel Modes
Lightweight and Foldable
40-minute/6 mile duration
Ages 6 – 12 Years (Height 3’9”-4’9″)
The Ninebot eKickScooter ZING E8 is one of the very first KickScooters designed for young people by Segway. Extremely light (7.9 kg) and can be folded up in an instant without using your hands. The battery has been placed under the platform, keeping the centre of gravity low. 3 travel modes are available: limiting the maximum speed to 6.2 mph in safety mode, eliminating the need to push the accelerator (a simple kick & go is enough) in cruising mode, and the turbo mode eliminates the need to give a jolt to start. Equipped with three independent brakes, hand, foot and regenerative braking to ensure a safe stopping distance at all times. Reaches a full charge in just 4 hours and the Intelligent Battery Management System (BMS) ensures that energy is not wasted.
BLUE, DARK GRAY & PINK
Up to 10 mph
Eagle V2 Black Core Wheels
3 Travel Modes
Lightweight and Foldable
40-minute/6.2 mile duration
Ages 8 – 14 Years (4’3”-5’3” height)
The Ninebot eKickScooter ZING E10 is one of the very first KickScooters designed for young people by Segway. Extremely light (7.9 kg) and can be folded up in an instant and the battery has been placed under the platform, keeping the centre of gravity low.
Brand New Cruise Mode: A new way of riding kickscooters! Simply kick to start, the scooter will continue to glide without needing throttle! The harder you kick, the faster the acceleration.
Equipped with three independent brakes, hand, foot and regenerative braking to ensure a safe stopping distance at all times. Reaches a full charge in just 4 hours and the Intelligent Battery Management System (BMS) ensures that energy is not wasted.
Up to 15 mph
8″ Air Filled Front Tire
Rear Wheel Drive
250W Brushless Hub Motor
Lightweight, easy to fold, and reaches 15 mph easily. I love the light bars to indicate battery strength and the anti-skid platform. The back tire is solid rubber which is great for avoiding flats but can set up some rough glides over bumps. Smooth rolling start-up into being powered on, then easy throttle. It stops great with its motor stop paddle or foot brake a la ‘old school’ scootin’.
The RAZOR E PRIME AIR is suitable for older kids and smaller adults
Best Kid's Kick Scooters
6KU 3 Wheels Kick Scooter
- For riders aged 2-5
- 4 adjustable heights
- PINK, BLACK, BLUE or PURPLE
- LED FLASHING WHEELS: bright enough to see during the day
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLEBAR: from 23 to 30 inches
- EASY TO RIDE
- Durable and Wide Wheels
- EASY STORAGE: The handlebars can be detached and tied under the deck
Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter
- For riders ages 8+
- Max weight 220 Ibs (100 kg)
- BLACK, BLUE, PINK or RED
- Large wheels for a smooth and comfortable ride
- Super-strong, height adjustable T-tube and larger deck for taller riders
- Anodized finish features bold colors and graphics
- Easy-adjust handlebars and soft foam grips
These scooters are all traditional ‘Kick’ scooters. selected for their value and excellent customer reviews. They are ‘tried and tested’ which is so important to consider when making any purchase.
The selection of scooters available has been severely affected by the pandemic. Many popular models aren’t on the market anymore because most scooter manufacturers are China based.
Most of the scooters here are made by Razor in the USA. With a history creating excellent scooters for kids, it’s no surprise that Razor primarily deal in the family-friendly market of electric scooters. Their products are perfect for active kids or young adults, who want something hardy and fun to ride. They can make a great gift for any speedy little racer.
Electric Scooter for Kids
Three electric scooters for kids that will last and give hours of fun and pleasure.
Keep your child safe
Scooters are great fun for kids but they need head protection at the very least.
7 Scooter Safety Tips for Kids
- Dress the Part: Avoid baggy clothing that could get tangled up with the scooter. Children should wear sensible shoes, such as trainers (not sandals or flip flops), bright coloured clothing – and of course, they should always have a helmet on.
- Road Crossing Safety: Make sure your child always gets off their scooter to cross the road and follows the usual rules.
- Lose the baggage: Don’t hang anything on the handlebars that could upset the balance of the scooter (You’re carrying the bags!)
- Check the Scooter: Before setting out, make sure any bolts on the scooter are tightened and check that the wheels and handlebars are secure. Ensure any folding parts are fully locked in the riding position.
- Slow Down: Encourage little ones to slow down or get off and walk when you need to pass other people on the path.
- Sidewalk Police: If your child is scooting on the sidewalk, make sure an adult walks nearest to the road.
- Plan the Route: Choose a smooth, flat route and avoid steep hills. When your little one is starting out, find a park or other traffic-free area where they can practice scooting.
Accessories for kids
Bell Rally Child Helmet
1 Size: 5 – 8 years
- 8 COLORS
- Classic bicycle helmet, low profile with great coverage in a variety of colors
- True Fit easy one step adjustment (eliminates strap and hardware adjustments that are often confusing)
- Complies with the U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for bicycle helmets
LERUJIFL Kids Helmet
1 Sizes: 3 – 8 years
- 7 COLORS
- EPS (expanded polystyrene shell) and fitted design to reduce risk of injury
- Adjustable helmet- Suitable for kids and toddlers with helmet size: 48-54 cm / 18.9”-21.3”.
- 11 vents and breathable foam
- For 3 to 8 years old
- 4.9/5 STAR REVIEWS
LED Light Up Front Wheel
Extra Wide Deck for Comfort
In Manual Mode, the Metro SK3 rides like a traditional scooter. Kids kick off with their foot to move. Want to go faster? Just kick harder. Reach a certain speed while in Cruise Mode and the scooter will automatically kick in for 15 seconds to maintain speed. This kick-assist works to give your kid that burst of exhilaration that they’re looking for, but with far more control than a full-powered motorized scooter. That’s because the maximum speed is an electrifying yet controllable 7.5 mph.
Mongoose Expo Youth Scooter
Air filled tires means there is nothing holding you back!
Frustrated with the inline skate wheel scooters that clunk over sidewalks and get hung up on the smallest pebble? Fear sand no more, the Mongoose Expo can go over the top of all that and more!
With this scooter and its 12 inch tires you can go almost every place a bike can go! Roll over grass or loose pavement and grit. The Expo will have others envious of your all terrain capability.
The bike style hand brakes makes stopping intuitive, and the large deck is easy to balance. Plus, the Expo will fit in at the bike park with the included pegs.
- Do tricks! BMX freestyle handlebar, 360 degree brake rotor and pegs
- Have fun! The large deck makes it easy to balance
- Ride over it! The thick air tires will take it almost anywhere!
- GREAT VALUE KICK SCOOTER/BIKE HYBRID
Affordable and fun
- Fair enough… it’s not a scooter! But we couldn’t resist this great offer
- Over 2000 ratings with an average of 4.5/5 This is an awesome beast
- NOTE: Although the specs say this is for aged 13+ IT ISN’T!
SUITABLE FOR AGES 5-11 years
The Dirt Rocket MX350 is a scaled-down, electric-powered dirt bike that lets younger riders live out their off-road fantasies. At speeds up to 14 mph, it leaves similar pocket dirt bikes in the dust.
- Speeds up to 14 mph. Up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Steel construction, High torque, chain driven motor, Twist-grip acceleration control
- Hand-operated rear brake
- Large pneumatic knobby tires
- Adjustable riser handlebars
- Double crown fork, Retractable kickstand, Folding foot pegs
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery system, Battery charger included